Welcome to the San Rafael Chamber!
Become a member of the Chamber’s vibrant community of business collaborators. Together, we’ll help you grow, thrive and profit.
Thank You to Our Leaders Circle Sponsors:
On November 30th, 2020, the State of California announced the allocation of $500 million for COVID-19 Relief Grant for Small Businesses. Grants of up to $25,000 will be distributed to underserved micro and small businesses throughout the State of California.
Application Closes January 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM
Please note, this is NOT a first come first serve grant. All applications will be processed by Lendistry.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the high volume demand today, please circle back to the application portal in lower peak demand times, today and throughout the holiday weekend.
The CA Relief Grant program is not setup as first come, first serve and will not close early, so if you face technical issues during the process, the application can be submitted for first round consideration any time between now and January 8, 2021 at 11:59PM. Webinars are offered daily by SBDCs at 11 A.M. to introduce you to the application process – click here to register.
WHERE TO APPLY
For more information, visit the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program website and learn about:(see details below)
- Eligibility Requirements
- Necessary Application Documents
- Where to Apply: View Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) in Sonoma County that will be accepting grant applications
GRANT DEADLINES (ROUND 1)
- Application Opens December 30, 2020 at 8:00 AM
- Application Closes January 8, 2021 at 11:59 PM
- Start of Approval Notifications January 13, 2021
There will be two rounds of applications. However, one complete application will qualify you to be considered for both rounds, please only apply once. Round 2 timeline has not been announced.
IF YOU WANT FREE ONE-ON-ONE SUPPORT WITH YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR AN SBDC ADVISOR
If you are an existing SBDC client, please contact the Advisor that you worked with already (whomever helped you with EIDL, PPP or another program). If you are a new client, please sign up HERE
Also, you can sign up for the webinars at the bottom of this email.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- This is not a first come first serve process.
- They will have 2 rounds of funding open. First round opens December 30 at 6:00 AM - January 8 at 11:59 PM
- You can apply even if you received EIDL, PPP or other COVID funding
WHO CAN APPLY
- Active small businesses with gross revenues of $2.5M or less and small nonprofits 501(c)3 and 501(c)6 with gross revenues of $2.5M or less
- Operating in business from June 1 2019
HOW MUCH CAN YOU ASK FOR
- Eligible businesses with annual revenues of $1,000 to $100,000 can ask for $5,000
- Eligible businesses with annual revenues of $100,000 up to $1,000,000 can ask for $15,000
- Eligible businesses with annual revenues of $1,000,000 up to $2,500,000 can ask for $25,000
HOW WILL APPLICATIONS BE CHOSEN
Eligible businesses will be scored based on COVID-19 impact factors incorporated into the Program’s priority criteria so that distribution can take into account priority key factors, including the following:
- Geographic distribution based on COVID-19 health and safety restrictions following California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy and county status and the new Regional Stay At Home Order;
- Industry sectors most impacted by the pandemic; and
- Underserved small business groups served by the State supported network of small business centers (i.e., businesses majority owned and run on a daily basis by women, minorities/persons of color, veterans and businesses located in low-to-moderate income and rural communities).
WEBINARS TO ANSWER ALL YOUR GRANT QUESTIONS IN MULTIPLE LANGUAGES
Our SBDC CA network has created webinars to get you ready to apply and answer your questions. All webinars are at 11:00am PST - REGISTER HERE
We will be discussing:
- The Grant Program
- Eligibility Requirements
- What the funding can be used for
- The Application
- Required Documents
- Who to Contact for Assistance
Webinars occur daily at 11:00 a.m
- Jan 7 - English
- Jan 8 - English
- Jan 11 - English
- Jan 12- English
- Jan 13- English
REGISTER HERE FOR ANY OF THESE WEBINARS
"Main Street" Small Business Hiring Tax Credit
Qualified small businesses adversely impacted by Covid-19 can reserve tax credits for hiring full-time employees. There are a limited number of credits available – so be sure to share this message TODAY.
To qualify for the credit, taxpayers (employers) must:
Have 100 or fewer employees on December 31, 2019 (all employees, including part-time employees).
- Have experienced a 50% decrease in gross receipts from April to June 2020, compared to the gross receipts in April to June 2019.
- Apply for a tentative credit reservation from CDTFA between December 1, 2020 through January 15, 2021.
For more information or to reserve your credit, click here.
Access to Capital & Technical Assistance
The California Rebuilding Fund is now taking loan applications to support California's small businesses—especially those located in economically disadvantaged and historically under-banked areas. Businesses with 50 employees or less and revenues less than $2.5 million or below in 2019 are eligible to apply.
For more information or to apply, click here.
San Rafael Transit Center Replacement Project- Give Your Input
Sales Tax Relief
There is also an automatic three-month tax extension for taxpayers filing less than $1 million in sales tax, an extension of existing interest and penalty-free payment agreements to companies with up to $5 million in taxable sales, and expanded interest-free payment options for larger businesses particularly affected by significant restrictions on operations based on Covid-19 transmissions. For more information, click here
Additional Support for Small Businesses...
During this unprecedented economic time, California has taken multiple actions to support small businesses. This includes:
- Expanding eligibility for the California Earned Income Tax Credit to self-employed and small business owners.
- Waived $800 minimum franchise tax for small and medium-sized businesses during their first year of business creation.
- Exempting Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans provided to California small businesses under the CARES Act.
Marin COVID-19 Testing for FreeQuick and easy oral swab testing at no cost to you.Locate a testing site near you at Curative.com
Welcome New Members!