Redwood Credit Union Elects 2022-2025 Board of Directors
RCU volunteer officials named for three-year terms, 2022–2025
Santa Rosa, CA—Redwood Credit Union recently re-elected volunteer board members Judy Herrerias-James, Lisa Wittke Schaffner, and Rod Dole.
RCU’s board of directors sets the credit union’s strategic direction and policies. Because credit unions are not-for-profit cooperatives, RCU’s board is comprised of RCU members who serve voluntarily and are elected by the membership.
Re-elected for three-year terms (2022–2025):
Additionally, these incumbent board members have been elected to finish out the following terms:
- Judy Herrerias-James, who has served as an RCU volunteer official since 2013. She recently retired from her role as public affairs director for Kaiser Permanente’s Marin-Sonoma region. She’s also a board member for the Sonoma County Farm Bureau and the Redwood Credit Union Services Group. Herrerias-James graduated from California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Lisa Wittke Schaffner, who’s been an RCU volunteer official since 2012 and is on RCU’s Audit Committee. She’s CEO of the North Coast Builders Exchange, co-chair of Health Action Sonoma County, and vice president of the Sonoma County Grape Growers Foundation and the Career Technical Education Foundation boards. She’s also on the boards of Santa Rosa Metro Chamber, Sonoma County Fair, and the Upstream Investments Policy Committee. Wittke Schaffner has degrees in government and journalism from California State University at Sacramento.
- Rod Dole, who has been an RCU volunteer official since 1978. He is the retired auditor/controller/treasurer/tax collector for Sonoma County. He formerly served as co-chair for Ygrene, trustee for CALTrust, and on the president’s advisory board at Sonoma State University.
- David Gouin, who has served as a volunteer since 2008, will be finishing a one-year term, 2022–2023. He has over 30 years of public service with the County of Sonoma, City of Vacaville, and the City of Santa Rosa, including eleven years as Director of the Department of Economic Development and Housing, and Housing and Community Services, from which he retired in 2020.
- Jeri Hansen, who has been a volunteer official since 2020, will be finishing a two-year term, 2022–2024. She is principal at Jeri Hansen Company, specializing in community engagement, public policy, and strategic planning. Prior to that, she was CEO of Sustainable Napa County and public affairs manager for the Napa Valley Vintners. She also serves as the board chair on the Workforce Alliance of the North Bay’s Regional Workforce Development Board Executive Committee.
The board has also named its officer roles for the year as follows:
To learn about the credit union’s performance, community impact, technology enhancements, and more for last year, view RCU’s interactive online 2021 Annual Report.
- Judy Herrerias-James, Board Chair
- Robert Eyler, Board Vice Chair
- Jim Olmsted, Board Secretary
- Lisa Wittke Schaffner, Board Treasurer
About Redwood Credit Union
Founded in 1950, Redwood Credit Union is a full-service financial institution providing personal and business banking to consumers and businesses in the North Bay and San Francisco. RCU offers complete financial services including checking and savings accounts, auto and home loans, credit cards, online and mobile banking, business services, commercial and SBA lending, and more. Wealth management and investment services are available through CUSO Financial Services L.P., and insurance and auto-purchasing services are also offered through RCU Services Group (RCU’s wholly owned subsidiary). RCU has more than $7 billion in assets and serves 400,000 members with full-service branches from San Francisco to Ukiah. For more information, call 1 (800) 479-7928, visit redwoodcu.org, or follow RCU on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn for news and updates.