COVID-19 Curative Drive Thru Sites
Marin County’s partnership with Curative Inc. is expanding to bring additional self-administered, oral swab testing to Marin. Six locations were announced on December 17, and a seventh location that will operate five days per week is set to open on Wednesday, January 6.
The new drive-through testing location in San Rafael offers FDA-authorized pain-free swabbing that is self-administered. Instead of doing nasal swabs, residents will simply open a swab package, cough deeply three to five times and swab inside each cheek, upper and lower gum, underneath and on top of the tongue, and the roof of the mouth. This swab is then placed inside a biohazard bag and returned to a Curative worker. Results are returned within 72 hours by email or text.
All curative testing sites remain free, but appointments must be scheduled in advance through the Curative website (available in English and Spanish). Appointment slots open about 3-4 days in advance of each scheduled testing day. The updated schedule of Marin County -based Curative test sites includes:
Read Full Press Release
- Bolinas: Mondays, 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM; Bolinas Fire Station (100 Mesa Road)
- Larkspur: Thursdays starting January 7, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Piper Park (250 Doherty Drive)
- Novato: Fridays starting January 8, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Novato Library (1720 Novato Boulevard)
- San Anselmo: Tuesdays, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; United Market (100 Red Hill Avenue)
- San Geronimo: UPDATED! Mondays, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; San Geronimo Golf Course parking lot (5800 Sir Francis Drake Blvd)
- San Rafael: Starting January 6; Armory Parking Lot (Armory Drive)
- Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sausalito: Wednesdays starting January 6, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Sausalito City Hall (420 Litho Street)