IHSS Public Authority of Marin
- Health Nonprofits
- Services for People with Disabilities
- Home Care
- Employment Training & Assistance
In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority of Marin (IHSS PA) is a public agency established in 2002 by the Board of Supervisors. We serve low-income older adults and persons with disabilities who qualify for in home support services in order to remain independent and safe in their own homes.
We work in partnership with the In-Home Supportive Services Program (IHSS), administered by Marin County Health and Human Services. We match IHSS Care Recipients with qualified Care Providers so they can live healthier, more productive lives.
We aim to empower IHSS Recipients of Marin County to remain independent and safe by supplying quality, in-home Care Providers for whom we select and support.
We envision a world where all IHSS Recipients of Marin County remain independent and safe at home.
- Maintain a Registry of care providers who are prescreened and available for work.
- Provide lists of available, screened care providers to IHSS care recipients.
- Match care recipients with care providers and conduct follow-ups.
- Assist the care recipients with interviewing, hiring and supervising care providers.
- Mediate between care recipients and care providers in resolving conflicts.
- Conduct state-mandated enrollment orientations and offer additional training for care providers.
- Act as the employer of record for care providers for collective bargaining purposes.
- Administer health care benefits for care providers.
- Advocate for the needs of care recipients.
Take the Civic Center/North San Pedro Road exit and go East on North San Pedro Road. Turn right onto San Pablo Road. Continue forward and turn right into first driveway of office buildings #10