San Rafael Chamber Membership Referral Program
Grow the Chamber and support YOUR community & local businesses
- How the program works: The Chamber member asks a prospect (client, business colleague, friend or neighbor) if they would be interested in learning about membership with the San Rafael Chamber of Commerce.
- If the answer is yes, the referring Chamber member fills out the prospect referral information form and provides the prospect’s name, contact information and type of business to the Chamber of Commerce for follow-up.
- The Chamber of Commerce staff member will contact the referred business regarding their interest, share the benefits of membership and offer to be of assistance to them with joining the Chamber.
- Once the referred business joins the Chamber of Commerce and their payment is received, the referring Chamber member can choose a $50 gift card to participating Chamber member businesses & restaurants or they can donate their referral check to the Tim Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund. This fund helps a chamber member the opportunity to participate in the San Rafael Leadership Institute, a nine month leadership education program. The referring member must come into the Chamber office to pick up the gift card of their choosing.
- In addition to the above gift card or donation you will also get a FREE spotlight profile in our monthly E-Brief Newsletter if four (4) of your prospects join within the calendar year. Your profile will reach over 2,500 contacts and be archived at www.srchamber.com. Contact the office for details.
- For the new (referred) Chamber member, their one-time administrative fee would be reduced from $65 to $15.
Terms and Conditions:
- There is no limit to the number of prospects that can be submitted, equaling up to 100% of your membership dues. Send in your referrals today as this program ends on December 31, 2016. Gift card must be picked up within 60 days of the new referred member joining.
- A completed referral form for each prospect must be received by a Chamber staff member prior to, or in tandem with the new membership application. No verbal referrals. Please fill out our online form or submit your paper form via mail, email or fax, or by giving it to a Chamber staff member.
- The person making the prospect referral must be a current and active member of the San Rafael Chamber of Commerce.
- The referral is only valid for 120 days from the date of submission.
- If a prospect is submitted more than once, the Chamber will honor the Chamber member who turned in the referral form first.