Community Resource Center (CRC) Lead
Pacific Gas & Electric Co.
Community Resource Centers are designed to provide customers and residents a safe, location to meet basic power needs (i.e., charging cell phones and laptops and Wi-Fi access where possible), and provide up-to-date information in neighborhoods and communities when a community-wide power safety shutoff event occurs.
Our client is looking to hire four managers to work 8- hour shifts for a 5-month assignment beginning June 1st. Please note, as a Part-Time Customer Service Representative, work hours depend on business needs and will be on call.
CRC Leads will be required to:
casual attire and flat, closed-toe shoes.
- Participate in web-based job training.
- Communicate with management by phone, email or mobile app.
- Travel to assigned CRC location in Northern or Central California within 24-48 hours’ notice.
- Follow dress code requirements while working at CRC locations, which include business
tables; setting up pop up tents; staging printed materials, water and snacks; following
instructions to set up wifi routers; cleaning and sanitizing surfaces; etc.
- Help set up and prepare CRC locations, which could include: posting signage; setting up
customer contact in-person, in a high-paced, structured environment
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
- Use an app or other reporting tool to track CRC attendance, resources, information, etc.
- Maintain the established work pace.
- Adhere to established work and safety procedures.
- Respond appropriately to direction/feedback/critique or changes in the work setting.
- Lead, direct or supervise others.
- Interact with members of the public and respond to inquiries.
- Coordinate with the Client’s media department on media inquiries.
- CRC Lead Required Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends
- 2+ years’ work experience in community outreach or customer service position with direct
- Demonstrated experience working independently without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure while managing customer inquiries and
based job training
- Clean DMV driving record
- Have access to computer or mobile device with high-speed internet to participate in web-
- Have a smartphone that is capable of downloading and accessing an app
- Have the ability to use an app or other reporting tool to track CRC attendance, resources,
- Comprehend /follow verbal and written instructions
- Have ability to maintain the established work pace
- experience adhering to established work and safety procedures
- Have experience responding appropriately to direction/feedback/critique
- Have experience responding appropriately to changes in the work setting
- Have ability to wear personal protective equipment as required
- Have experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have experience working cooperatively with coworkers
- Have ability to manage difficult customer inquiries
- Have ability to give training/instruction
- Have ability to lead, direct or supervise others
- Have ability to use basic problem-solving techniques
- Have ability to make independent judgment based on circumstances
Job Type: Temporary Salary: $40.00 /hour
How to Apply: Send Resume to email@example.com
- Be first aid/CPR certified
- Be proficient in the Spanish language
- Be proficient in a language other than Spanish
- Have the ability to drive Sprinter van to CRC mobile sites