San Rafael Elks Music at the Mansion Outdoor Benefit Concert Series:
Four Great Nights of Top Musicians and Bands!
Boys of Summer Band (Eagles Tribute) Saturday September 25th:
Opening Band at 5:30 - Susan Z and Friends
Headliner Band - Boys of Summer Starring:
* Darrel Monson - Lead Singer
Darrel is a voice crafting expert, and has an amazing range. He started his calling early on, when he toured across the Midwest with his family, doing Gospel concerts before he was a teenager. Darrel can change his voice as fast as comedians Don Rickles or Billy Crystal, and continues to surprise and inspire.
* Chris Turbis - Piano, Guitar, Orchestra and Banjo Player
who even plays some Saxophone!
He was classically trained on the piano from early childhood in the Canadian Conservatory of Music, and has played and toured in many bands including The Regulators, Alligator Stew, Wyldsky, Kelli and The Shadow Men. His rock and roll career started on the Sunset Strip in the early 80's and he has been on bills with acts such as Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers, Motley Crue, Blue Oyster Cult, The Guess Who, Great White, Poison, Delbert McClinton, Rare Earth, Ted Nugent, Marshall Tucker Band, Pablo Cruise and more.
* Jimmy Williamson - The Drummer
is an essential member of the group, and solid as a rock. He studied drums formally while growing up, and his father was a huge musical inspiration, surrounding him with people like Nat King Cole, Judy Garland, Frank Sinatra and more.
* Nate King - B - Bender Guitar, Slide Guitar and Pedal Steel Guitar -
Nate grew up in Detroit listening and playing with a multitude of amazing jazz and R&B musicians. After moving to Los Angeles, he has played and toured with a range of acts over 2 decades, from Rock to Country, Pop to Be-Bop.
*Mike Bear - Bass Player
- Mike takes some of his inspiration from Randy Meisner's notes on older recordings, and adds a strong level of support that is felt and heard. He's worked with acts like Toto, REO, Stevie Nicks, Robben Ford, Joe Sample and Lee Ritenour, and now puts all his knowledge into action with Boys of Summer!
Beverages and tasty food are available for purchase
- no outside food or drinks and no animals allowed on premises
. The beautiful outdoor setting on the historic Maple Lawn Terrace, adjacent to the former Boyd Mansion, adds to the unique experience for a memorable evening. Tables and chairs are available - first come first served. Event begins at 4:00pm and music starts at 5:30pm. Tickets available to purchase on the San Rafael Elks website.
PROOF OF VACCINATION IS REQUIRED AT THE ENTRANCE - Or Wear a Mask.
Digital QR Code or Original Vaccination Card
* CA vaccination database
- DIGITAL QR Code
- this is the preferable way to validate. This is the SMART Health Card you download from the State of California site: https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/
* ORIGINAL Vaccination Card
issued & updated when vaccinated (showing 2 dates from Pfizer & Moderna; one from Johnson & Johnson)
*Personal identification with photo
—Driver’s License, work ID, etc. that matches the information shown on either the digital SMART Health Card or original vaccination card
* A portion of the proceeds will be donated to City of Hope/St. Jude's Hospital.
Over the years Elks Lodge 1108 has given more than $18.5 Million to local charities and scholarships.
Upcoming Concert Date:
Saturday October 23rd: Carnaval (Santana cover band)
Corporate Sponsors: First Federal Savings & Loan of San Rafael