COVID-19: What is Happening & How is Marin Responding?Name: COVID-19: What is Happening & How is Marin Responding?Date: June 26, 2020Event Description:
You're invited to this special webex event!
We’ve been working together as a community to flatten the COVID-19 curve for more than three months. Now, Marin is experiencing a surge in new cases. Join us to learn the latest information about this pandemic, how Marin is responding, and what you can do to protect yourself and others.
- George Rutherford, MD: UCSF Professor, Epidemiology & Biostatistics & Director, Prevention and Public Health Group
- Matt Willis, MD, MPH: Marin County Public Health Officer
- Brian Su, MD: Chair, Marin Healthcare District COVID-19 Task Force
In this presentation, Dr. Rutherford, Dr. Willis, and Dr. Su will discuss:
- COVID-19 trends in the Bay Area and beyond
- Where cases are increasing in Marin, and why
- How decisions are being made about opening Marin, including which indicators are being tracked
- Whether you should be tested for the virus and/or antibodies
- How masks, social distancing, and hand washing will impact the future of our community
- Strategies for staying mentally and physically healthy during the pandemic
- What Marin Healthcare District’s COVID Task Force is doing to help and what efforts the District is funding
Please submit questions in advance to: email@example.com.
About Our Community Health Seminar Series
Marin Healthcare District’s Community Health Seminar Series offers periodic educational forums for the Marin community on relevant health-related issues.
This FREE event is open to all. RSVP is not required.