Chamber Advocacy and Positions
The San Rafael Chamber of Commerce believes that a healthy business community is invaluable to the community as a whole. The Chamber tracks local, state and federal issues impacting business and maintains close contact with city, county and state legislators to promote beneficial business legislation and discourage detrimental regulations.
The Chamber participates in monthly meetings with San Rafael's Mayor and city staff. The Governmental Affairs Committee tracks issues impacting business -- from taxation to workers' compensation and employer mandates. For more information about the Chamber’s Governmental Affairs Committee contact Joanne Webster in the Chamber office at (415) 454-4163 ext 101.
If you are interested in the Chamber's advocating for your issue, please see the San Rafael Chamber Policy for Advocacy.
GAC Business Plan for 2015
More about the role of the GAC within the SR Chamber.
- Chamber supports BioMarin's new building and parking structure expansion
- Chamber supports Measure A & B for school bonds to improve our local education
- Chamber urges Plan Bay Area and 2015 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) be amended to add the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Access Improvement Project
- Chamber supports Chamber-backed State Senator Mark McGuire's Career Technical Education (CTE) Program bill SB 148
- Chamber supports Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program in AB 35
- Letter of support for Marin's application for local area designation to CA Workforce Investment Board
- Chamber supports City's permit system customer service strategic plan
- Chamber urges Congress for infrastructure investment
- Chamber Opposes Bay Area Air Quality Management District New Reporting Guidelines
- Chamber endorses Whistlestop 2.0 Project
- Chamber testifies at City Council hearing in support of Adopting the Housing Element (Video)
- Chamber sends Letter to MTC on Draft Guidelines for Countywide Transportation Plans
- Chamber endorses Marin Academy Project
- Chamber urges Governor Brown to Veto AB 1897
- Chamber sends Letter to Governor Brown Requesting Veto of AB 1897 - Labor Contracting: Client Liability
- Chamber endorses Measure B
- Chamber support of the Marin Convention & Visitors Bureau Efforts at the Marin Center
- Chamber endorses Marc Levine for Assembly
- Chamber endorses Susan Adams in Supervisor Race
- Chamber supports Plastic Bag Ban in San Rafael
- Letter of support for Plastic Bag Ban
More Information About State or Federal Chamber Issues click on the respective link below: